Door County, Wisconsin is a great place to make use of your recreational vehicle. Whether you choose a permanent site, or prefer to move your RV from place to place, Door County’s gorgeous summer and fall season are perfect for maximizing enjoyment of your investment.
However, Door County winters can be very harsh and the cold weather can reduce the effective lifespan of your RV if you were to keep it set up for the season. That’s why it make so much sense to store your RV at Door County Self Storage, with our convenient location right on the way at the merger of State HWYs 42 and 57 in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.
We offer clean, modern facilities in both unheated and heated buildings, ensuring your motorhome, fifth-wheel, pop-up camper, or other RV is safe and sound for the duration of the winter, and ready for spring setup when you need it. We even offer outdoor storage for a more affordable way to store your RV.
If you choose to winterize your RV for storage in an unheated facility, the basics are pretty simple:
- Fully drain and flush the black and grey water tanks – never let wastewater sit in your tanks through the winter.
- Winterize your water heater by draining it and then bypassing it to prevent any antifreeze from entering the water heater.
- Add antifreeze to plumbing and systems according to your RV’s user manual.
- Open all faucets and valves, inside the RV and on the exterior.
- Thoroughly read your owner’s manual and follow any additional winterization instructions you received with your vehicle.
With proper care, a recreational vehicle can give your family many seasons of enjoyment. To ensure that it lasts a long time, trust your investment with Sturgeon Bay’s best option for RV storage, Door County Self Storage. Book your RV Storage Today!